Dual monitors - which 2nd monitor?

Solution
The 2nd monitor is 21.5", your monitor is 24" - that doesn't seem like much, but when you put them side by side, you will notice a pretty big difference....In my opinion, you should at least come really close in size (i.e. 24" and 23.6" are extremely close - you will still notice a slight difference). If you can get the same size (both 24") that is best.

-Lone-

Admirable
I would get the same one, so there will be less of different issues if you will ever have one in the future, pretty nice monitor. If I was setting up multiple monitors, I would always buy the same one I bought so they would look nice together. Instead of different specs or sizes. Hope this helps

The 2nd monitor is 21.5", your monitor is 24" - that doesn't seem like much, but when you put them side by side, you will notice a pretty big difference....In my opinion, you should at least come really close in size (i.e. 24" and 23.6" are extremely close - you will still notice a slight difference). If you can get the same size (both 24") that is best.

Solution
Depending upon your exact GPU (take a look at the video outputs - you should have VGA, DVI, HDMI and/or Displayport), it will support 2 monitors.

The monitor has 1 x VGA, 1 x DVI (w/HDCP), 1 x HDMI - so you just need to make sure you have the right cable to go with it.

-Lone-

Admirable

Well, I just looked up your GPU on newegg, if it is the one I think it is, then I don't think it will. The monitor has no displayports, and from the picture I saw on the GPU, it has 2x mini displayport, 1x HDMI and 1x DVI. On the monitor, it has HDMI, VGA, and DVI. So unless you are planning to use different connectors from the same GPU, then it will work. You can correct me if I'm wrong, Is this the GPU you're talking about?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814105030&cm_re=amd_7950-_-14-105-030-_-Product

PariahConqueror

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013

No I have the MSI twin frozr with an HDMI and I believe a DVI.

-Lone-

Admirable

Yeah, I see the back of the GPU and in specs, it has 2x mini displayport, 1x HDMI, and 1x DVI, so you can connect the 1st monitor with HDMI, and the 2nd monitor with DVI if you want, that would work. I prefer using the same kind of connection, but it's up to you,

PariahConqueror

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013

Ok. Regarding productivity. Is it worth the money? My mom is telling me it's a waste of money. lol

-Lone-

Admirable

Well, do you actually need the dual monitor set up? Or are you just buying it for fun and the experience of it?

I have 4 monitors on my desktop that span across 2 computers (2 on each). This allows me to have multiple windows open (i.e. email on one screen - a web browser on the other). If often do research with an article displayed on one screen and I look up items on the second.