Monitor for console gaming. Did i make the right decision?!

Solution
G
The monitor will have a much crisper image, it's less expensive, the response time is WAY better and about the colors, I don't personally think they'll look "washed out". A TV will make your image look optimized for different modes (sports, cinema, gaming, concert, etc...). This is done through Post-Processing, which increases "input lag" and response time. The monitor, while still having different modes, will apply way less Post-Processing effects, making it "less customizable". You can still customize settings like brightness, saturation and contrast without affecting your "input lag". This is why some colors may SEEM "washed out", or non-optimized.

I still highly recommend you get the monitor (BenQ).

G

Between this and a 24" TV ? Take this. Way less expansive for 4x times the performance.

askara

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
If you choosing between 24inch TV vs monitor then monitor all the way. but i got to warn you xbox360(and to lesser extend xbox one) is going to look absolutely terrible on a 24inch monitor(go google about it). i highly recommend against it. i say go for atleast a 32 HD TV

G

That's true.

Due to its resolution, the X360 will suffer a bit with the monitor, but the XOne's resolution will make it look crisper.

Again, I'd go with the monitor.

danryder

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Well.. from wht my friends say who currently use 24 inch monitors.... they think it all looks great :S.

Terrible to you could be good for me... and good for you could be fantastic to me... Know what i mean?

I cannot get anything higher than a 27inch maybe a 28.

askara

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
not really, i dont have high standard like those who go on about how many ms of responsible time that is unnoticeable or colour accuracy and other stuff. as long as it is 1080p then i am fine

i am not sure about the Xbox one but i am absolutely certain xbox360 will look terrible one 24inch. in fact when i first connected my ps3 to my 24inch i was so shocked i thought my monitor is faulty or my ps3 is running at lower resolution like 480p. i highly recommend you go check out your friends setup before buying it. pages of results when you google "xbox 360 looks terrible on monitor" doesnt lie

danryder

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
I just did a google of this myself. It seems most of the issues come from people not owning the 360 elite and not using the hdmi.

The Elite and the Slim are the true 1080p 360 consoles. After doing the google search it seemed that the people using the dvi were getting the bad quality.

danryder

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
I keep reading things about this monitor though. Like its colors are bad and its all washed out ect ect.

But if i get a TV i worry about nothing except some input lag that i never even knew existed on my 32inch HD tv let alone a 24 inch.

Thats why im torn.

Will the picture on the benq look better than a 24 inch hdtv even if the colors are washed out?

G

The monitor will have a much crisper image, it's less expensive, the response time is WAY better and about the colors, I don't personally think they'll look "washed out". A TV will make your image look optimized for different modes (sports, cinema, gaming, concert, etc...). This is done through Post-Processing, which increases "input lag" and response time. The monitor, while still having different modes, will apply way less Post-Processing effects, making it "less customizable". You can still customize settings like brightness, saturation and contrast without affecting your "input lag". This is why some colors may SEEM "washed out", or non-optimized.

I still highly recommend you get the monitor (BenQ).

Solution