Second monitor keeps turning off/on

cbas

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2014
Running Win 7 64 bit

I just got back home from school and right after I set up my computer, one of my monitors started turning off after 1 second, staying black for 1 second, turning back on for 1 second, then repeating this cycle continuously. I can't identify the source of the problem. Here's what I have tried:

1. restart the computer - same issue
2. switch the DVI cords between monitors - same issue on the same monitor
3. change the main display - same issue on the same monitor
4. turn down the brightness as far as possible on the problematic monitor - same issue on the same monitor
5. unplug the good monitor, so that only the problematic one is connected - problem solved, but now I only have 1 monitor
6. turn off all power saving options in windows - same issue

The computer is only 3 years old and the problematic monitor is only 1 year old.

This seems to be a power issue right? When I set up the computer, all three power cords were bundled together, two saying 10A 125V and one with no labels. I originally connected both monitors to the labeled ones and the computer to the unlabeled one, but then I switched them to see if that was the issue. It wasn't (same problem), so I switched them back. I have an Antec 620W PSU

What else can I try? I haven't changed any hardware or software since I left for school, and everything was working for a year before that.

cbas

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2014
I wiped the NVIDIA drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller and then reinstalled them using the original cd and the problem was solved.

Shoulda done that first but didn't think it was necessary since I didn't change any hardware or software.. weird