Can't start a thread on the Storage Forum

Shpati

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
I'm testing to see what's wrong here. On the storage forum, it won't let me start a thread. I had this problem for a week now.

It's telling me: "Be specific when writing your title (3 words required)"

I tried using a different browser.

Solution
This may be related to some of the new anti-spam measures we've put in. A lot of it was done on the fly because of the severity of the spam, and we expected there to be some small issues down the line although we weren't sure how specifically it would affect users. I'll make a note of this and have the devs look at it on Monday--hopefully it won't be too much of an inconvenience until then.

Shpati

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008

My thread title was "How should I buy 2+ TBs of Storage?". I changed it to "How should I buy Two plus TBs of Storage" but still have the same issue.

Shpati

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Thanks for those links. I got it to work now from some info from there.

I just put one sentence in the body this time. I had the full body I intended to post copied, then as soon as it was posted, I just edited and pasted all the info.

Looks like there is no issue when you use the quick edit. The full edit feature will still give you the same error message, but it looks like you can bypass those errors just using the quick edit feature.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
This may be related to some of the new anti-spam measures we've put in. A lot of it was done on the fly because of the severity of the spam, and we expected there to be some small issues down the line although we weren't sure how specifically it would affect users. I'll make a note of this and have the devs look at it on Monday--hopefully it won't be too much of an inconvenience until then.

Solution