Installed new graphics card (PNY Geforce GT 610) now my monitor won't display anything. Help!!!

HBOverload

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
I installed the card with no problems and the power requirements are met, but now my monitor won't display anything! I have tried to install the new drivers, but it requires the graphics card to be in the computer. I even uninstalled the old graphics card drivers...Help!!

Wolfshadw

Titan
I installed the card with no problems
I have tried to install the new drivers, but it requires the graphics card to be in the computer

This makes no sense.

1) Is the monitor connected to the graphics card output or is it still connected to the motherboard output?
2) Have you tried to re-seat the graphics card? Once you physically install the card, Windows should give you a "New Hardware Found" message on it's next boot and ask you to install the drivers.

-Wolf sends

Anencephalus

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014
Can your PSU handle your card? Is your card compatible with your motherboard?
Follow these steps and try to get it working:

1. Power off and unplug your computer

2. Take out your graphics card

3. Plug your display into your onboard graphics (the graphics on the motherboard)

4. Plug in, power on and boot up. Uninstall any drivers for video cards

5. Install drivers for your video card from the manufacturer's site

6. Power down, unplug, and insert your graphics card. Make sure it's properly installed into your computer. There should be a screw on the metal flap on the side of the case, the slot is properly secured (you should hear a click when its in), power cables are properly inserted.

HBOverload

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

I took the card out and used the onboard output and tried to install the new drivers(off a CD that came with the new card).

HBOverload

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

I have made sure that everything is compatible with the card before hand. Also the new drivers are coming from a CD that came with the card and as long as the card is not in the computer it will not allow me to install the required drivers.