Problem with connecting PC to monitor

Zacgay

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
Hi there I was wandering if anyone could help me as I have built my very first PC and I have checked every thing is in place and as far as I can tell it is but when I plug my PC into my monitor which only has dvi and VGA connections it says "No video Input" I would be most grateful if someone could help.

Solution
Damn. Something is probably DOA, I am sorry to say. Hard to say whats wrong without other parts to test. I suppose you could go to a PC support place and ask for help as they will have parts necessary to test everything. If I think of something, I will get back to you. Also, let me know if any miracles happen.
First, does it have a separate graphics card? Like in a slot with outputs? It may use the onboard gpu and plug into the motherboard by the usb/network ports. Also, try changing input buttons on the monitor, sometimes it just doesn't recognize the PC. What PC are you using? Could you list some specs?

Zacgay

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

My specs are :
Gtx 760
Asrock fm2 A88m hd + motherboard
8gb a data ram 1600mhz
1tb hamachi hard drive
Amd Athlon x4860k CPU
500 watt vega psu
phantom 410 case
Standard cd drive

Zacgay

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

I can't connect to the screen at all so setting the BIoS to use the first slot is an impossibility. Connecting the monitor straight to the motherboard hasn't worked either.

Something is amiss then. Take the gpu out and try running on the onboard gpu from the motherboard. If that doesn't work, try taking out a memory stick and any other peripherals that could be conflicting or not working correctly. Also, recheck all of the psu plugs to make sure they are tight. Can you verify that the monitor is working okay?

Zacgay

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
Unfortunately no when I took the gpu out It did not work also we took out the ram and put it back in and we checked every cable was plugged in and they were , but still it did not work

Is the board booting? Like, are the fans spinning? Is there an error code read on on that board? You can test the power supply and I can tell you how to do that if nothing happens when you push the power button. One other thing, that cpu is compatible with that board, right? Been outta the AMD game for a while. Don't worry, this has happened to me many times! It will get figured out.

Zacgay

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
Yep all the fans are spinning the motherboard seems to be fine and the psu is working and the CPU as far as I can tell is compatible as they are both fm2

We can! Okay, psu is okay and you tried it with only the OS drive, one stick of ram with the video output from the motherboard, right? That is key to narrow down the issue. I don't suppose you have any other PCs or monitor around to test any of the parts, or even to be sure the monitor works?

Damn. Something is probably DOA, I am sorry to say. Hard to say whats wrong without other parts to test. I suppose you could go to a PC support place and ask for help as they will have parts necessary to test everything. If I think of something, I will get back to you. Also, let me know if any miracles happen.

Solution