After Windows 7 logo, monitor cuts in and out, DRIVING ME INSANE!

sincerely1

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
Hi there, I literally moved my desktop around to take pictures of it because I was planning on selling it and how the freaking monitor keeps cutting in and out within a split second of each other after the Windows 7 logo when I use the DVI port on my GPU and mobo. It was working perfectly fine before my moved the tower.

• Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz
• 16GB Corsair Vengeance
• Nvidia GeForce GTX 580
• Cool Master V8 Bullet CPU Cooler
• MSI Z68A-GD55
• Corsair HX750 (750W)

I already tried plugging everything back in, reseating GPU and ram. Also booting in safe mode and low resolution.

The monitor stays on in bios. The problems starts when it is booting to Windows 7 and video keeps cutting in and out. So I took out the GTX 580 and tried plugging in the monitor via VGA into the mobo and it worked perfectly fine. Then I tried plugging into the DVI and same problem, even without the GPU. So the problem isn't my GPU.

I tried getting a friends DVI cable and I still got the same problem. So I tried a different monitor through the DVI port and it worked perfectly fine, however with small amounts of red dots on the screen.

I conclude the problem is my monitor, but I can use my monitor in bios so that doesn't make sense, which I've concluded the PSU. SOMEONE HELP ME THIS HAS BEEN DRIVING ME INSANE!

sincerely1

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
Safe mode is better, but flickers on and off less frequently.

I'm going to try to reinstall the os and see what happens.

sincerely1

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
During re installation of windows, monitor kept flickering as usual. When the step to name the computer came up, the monitor stopped flickering. Then once it loaded the desktop, it started flickering again.

Could it be my SSD? I'll quad check for lose cables.

Super annoying. Any feedback appreciated!

sincerely1

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
Could it be my ssd? Boots fine in safe mode but when I try to reinstall windows via cd starts freaking out again.