[First Build] ~2700$ Budget Gaming PC

E-AlRomaithi

Reputable
Jun 10, 2014
Hello,

I need some help in choosing components for my first gaming rig. I did some research regarding some CPUs, GPUs and motherboards with different price points and I found A LOT to choose. :/

Approximate Purchase Date: 1 month from now

Budget Range: $2,700 +/-

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Surfing and Video editing.

Are you buying a monitor: Yes, (Widescreen)

Parts to Upgrade: This is a new rig, but I do want it to be 100% upgradeable. I don't want to buy a whole new rig in 2 years for instance. I'd like something where I can throw in another GPU (i.e. SLI), and therefore I need a PSU etc that can handle this load.

Do you need to buy OS: No

Location: UAE, Abu Dhabi (will be buying from Amazon, newegg and maybe ebay too)

Parts Preferences: by brand or type: I am an Intel and NVIDIA fan (maybe some GPUs from AMD) .

Overclocking: Absolutely

SLI or Crossfire: Yes! 2-Way SLI GTX 970 ?

Your Monitor Resolution: 1080p or 1440p

Additional Comments: If it possible, please include the latest hardware components in the market (not necessary)

E-AlRomaithi

Reputable
Jun 10, 2014

Thanks! I really liked your build. In your point of view, is it necessary to get a better motherboard than what you have suggested ?
Thanks again.

-Lone-

Admirable

You could get the board I have, but it is almost double the price, I think the Pro is pretty good though. But to answer your question, no, it isn't necessary.

E-AlRomaithi

Reputable
Jun 10, 2014

Maybe including your board to my rig will be nice :p
What about the PSU ? any suggestions? I will be overclocking

-Lone-

Admirable
Well, actually since you still got extra money, do you want to upgrade to a case like mine? It is a full tower that will fit anything upgrade you will do in the future, plenty of cooling and has awesome LED lights that you can choose whatever colors you want.

Here, try this one, I put my case in it, tell me if you like it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CxCDMp

-Lone-

Admirable
I just saw your monitor comment up there, you could use the original build that I showed you up there if you want, and use the spare $ to buy a monitor, unless you already have one.

E-AlRomaithi

Reputable
Jun 10, 2014

Nice, I liked it!
Your case looks fantastic.
I think everything looks pretty much good.

I will be reading some reviews regarding the 980s 2-Way SLI performance and the motherboard that you have suggested.

Do you have any suggestions for widescreen monitor ?

-Lone-

Admirable

If you find any problems with the 980s or the mobo, let me know and I'll try to find better ones for you. Or maybe someone will suggest some while you're asking them those questions.

E-AlRomaithi

Reputable
Jun 10, 2014

Thanks!

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/E-AlRomaithi/saved/s7xV3C

Have a look please, any suggestions/improvements ?

-Lone-

Admirable
I think it looks all good :) You chose my motherboard, lol, good choice, one step toward extreme :D I have never had a cooler master PSU, so I can't tell you if it is good, with the monitor's I showed you, you should still have some left over $ to get one if you liked them, tell me what you think.