Which graphics card is Nvidia's current flagship and Does the 880 exist?

Morpheusuk

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
Hi Guys,

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm looking to upgrade my GPU which is currently two 560Ti's on SLi and I was thinking of upgrading to an 880 when they bring out the 20 nm chips for it. However everytime I search for this card the last articles seem to be writen in August. So a couple of questions:

Based on the search engine results, the 800 desktop series has been skipped for the 900, is this true?

Have the new 20 nm chips come out yet? If so does anyone know how well they perform?

If they have I would be looking to spend something between £300 - £350 ($450 - $550), do you have any recommendations?

Thank you all in advance and please feel free to make fun of me if I am indeed waiting for a card to come out which never will or has already come out under a different name.

-Lone-

Admirable

The 20nm cards are not out yet. But they came out with the GTX 970/980, they're very new and popular these days, lots of people are getting them, you can get the 970 for like $350 or 980 for $like 550. But according to some posts they say the 980 is only about 10% better in performance, so the 970 would be better for the price and for your price range you can SLI later it for a 2nd one.

Morpheusuk

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014

Thanks Lone, I take it then what I've read about the 800 series is correct and it has been skipped?

-Lone-

Admirable

Probably yeah, does seem like it to me.

Morpheusuk

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
Oh right, so they haven't even confirmed it. Well thank you anyway Lone I'll consider my questions answered. But if anyone else wants to add any recommendations they're more than welcome too =)

the 800 series was skipped for the desktop lineup of Nvidia cards, there are still 880ms and the like for laptops.

The 980 is the current top of the line GPU and in your max price range, although the 970 is great and overclocks like a champ so is usually the better value as said already.

20nm will hopefully be here next year

-Lone-

Admirable

Sure, no problem, have fun with whichever GPU you are going to pick :)

-Lone-

Admirable

And there goes your last answer you needed :D +1