Don't See Restore Points Create From Task Scheduler

UMWOLVERINE

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
I am running Windows 8.1 on a 64-bit machine. I have a scheduled task for the creation of restore points. I just checked Task Scheduler and the task completed today at 4:00 AM; however, it does not appear in the list of restore points (Menu Path: Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Recovery > System Restore).

I expected to see it in the list, but the only item there is the manual Restore Point I created. Does anybody know why this is the case?

UMWOLVERINE

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
Hello, Patrick.

I made the change to UAC as you suggested.

In Task Scheduler:

1. I Found the System Restore task in the library under Microsoft > Windows.
2. Opened its properties.
3. Defined a trigger as Every Sunday of Every Week at 4:00 AM, Starting 11/29/2014.

The task was then listed among the group of active tasks and it ran successfully as scheduled at 4:00 AM today. It took 13 seconds to complete per the history tab on the task.

patrickIT

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
If you do it that way it will scan if any previous restore points were created during the last 7 days, problem is it won't create any IF so. It will run successfully but it just won't create the restore point.

Creating restore points every 7 days is fine though, so if you wait a couple of days or delete all the previous restore points and then reboot it should work.

hope this helps ;)

UMWOLVERINE

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
Got it.

That's interesting, though, because there are other restore points created less than seven days apart. One was created on 11/27, which was manual (Type = Manual) and another on 11/28 when I uninstalled software (Type=Uninstall). I guess that "seven-day exclusion", so to speak, only applies to restore points from a scheduled task. Is that correct?