How to setup a continuous triple monitor display?

jjar35

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
Hey all I have just recently bought 2 more monitors, both the same make and model as my 1st orginal one. I though I knew how to setup a continuous triple monitor display, but I was wrong. Currently it just shows the same exact picture on each individual screen. What I want is to be able to play certain games such as a flight sim, and have the picture stretch acros my 3 monitors to create one extra large picture, as if I were moving my head in the cockpit farther to the left and right. I'm using a gigabyte GTX 980 graphics card that has; 1x DVI 1x HDMI and 3x Display port. If I am correct I need to have at least one of my monitors hooked into one of the display port connectors and the other two can connect to any of the rest of them (if that's wrong please let me know!!). My question is now from there where do I go to setup the display so it continually "stretches" across all 3 monitors correctly? Is there a certain driver or something I have to download, or is it just something super obvious that i am missing here. Any help would be great! If you have any questions about anything go ahead and post them and I will answer them as soon as possible!

Thanks all!,
JarJar

Solution
Extending the displays from the windows adjust resolution dialog will allow you to use all three, but in order to game on all three or use them as if they were a single large screen, you will need to use your GPU control panel. Assuming you have an AMD gpu (which are best for more than one screen IMO) open "Catalyst Control" and navigate to the "Eyefinity" settings. From there you can create a screen group to do what you want.
Extending the displays from the windows adjust resolution dialog will allow you to use all three, but in order to game on all three or use them as if they were a single large screen, you will need to use your GPU control panel. Assuming you have an AMD gpu (which are best for more than one screen IMO) open "Catalyst Control" and navigate to the "Eyefinity" settings. From there you can create a screen group to do what you want.

Solution