BenQ G2420HDB Not Properly Displaying Output From Devices (MHL->HDMI->DVI)

dwalker_88

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014
Hello,

I hope I'm posting this thread in the correct place.

I have a BenQ G2420HDB monitor which I have connected to my PC via an HDMI->DVI cable. This works perfectly fine and has done for many years.

I have just thought it would be a good idea to connect my phone (Sony SP) and tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 3) to my monitor with an HDMI->MHL adaptor, unfortunately I don't seem to be having much luck. The monitor flickers and seems to show the Sony SP screen for a few seconds but only after a couple of minutes of it being plugged in, and then goes black and doesn't show anything else, the tablet screen doesn't display at all. I know the HDMI->MHL adaptor works because I connect my phone and tablet to my T.V. (via an HDMI->HDMI cable) all the time.

If my HDMI->DVI cable connected to my PC and my HDMI->MHL adaptor work I'm not really sure why my monitor isn't displaying my device's screen. I have double checked and seen that my monitor does have HDCP support, so I'm completely stumped. Could someone please help me?

Thank you in advance.

dwalker_88

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014
It appears I've been somewhat noobish. The connection works perfectly for my tablet if I firstly make sure my monitor is turned off, I then connect all the cables to my tablet, connect the cables to the monitor and then turn the monitor on. Before I wasn't starting with the monitor turned off - I wouldn't have thought that would make a difference as it isn't something I have to do when connecting to a T.V.

The connection still isn't particularly stable with my Sony SP phone, although significantly better. It tends to randomly drop off and then come back on again. Anyone got any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks again.