sent my pc in for repair...

Whydidi

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014
So I bought the parts 3 days ago and I try to power the computer on after i built it, the computer doesn't turn on. So I sent the computer into memory express and they are charging $50/hr! so my question is do people usually take their time doing these things? so they might work on my computer for 20hrs!!

you should have posted on here and we could have help you get it going. it might have been something simple, but 50/hour plus whatever shipping it costs it, is way too much.

And yes, once you send or bring something to a place at a rate per hour, with no written estimate of number of hours, allowance of over/under, max hour caps, went to notify if it goes above certain hours, etc, you are at their mercy to whatever they say it takes or take their word that something is broken.

If they charge you more than 3 hours labor, you are probably getting robbed. It shouldn't take them more than an hour to diagnose the issue to be honest. If they did a complete break-down and rebuild plus further troubleshooting..... 3-4 hours labor.... tops

Whydidi

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014
Thanks for the replies!! Yeah I'm kind of getting my wallet torn apart because I spent $1400 for the pc and now I feel like any minute they can take the rope and hang me with it.