Upgrading my PC need help on how the new stuff will run compared to the old

G

Well as of last year I currently have in my gaming PC;
An AMD Athlon II X3 450 processor, which to be quite honest is terrible.
A Nvidia GTX 660 by Gigabyte that came overclocked.
4GB of RAM which I have no information on what so ever.(The type, MHz and stuff.)
And a motherboard which I have no clue about.
Link,it is this with a GTX 660 added.
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03082550
(Its the 3305)

Now, I was thinking of upgrading to a I5 4690k with a Hyper 212 Evo, to hopefully overclock in the future, along with a Gigabyte GA Z97 HD3 motherboard and I was wondering what FPS improvement would I get on BF4, ArmA 2, DayZ SA, and other new games like Borderlands and FarCry 4. I was also thinking if a BIOS update would be needed and if all thinks are compatible together.

If you have any other recommendations as to what I should get in terms of a different CPU, fan or motherboard that would be cheaper or better please inform me.

haroldragaofficial

Reputable
Nov 12, 2014
First of all, look for builds that can run BF4 at ULTRA while in a MULTIPLAYER game. How much is your buget anyways? Then I could give you some builds that'll suit your need.

G

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/
I'm just going to buy the i5, motherboard and cooler to go with my RAM, GTX 660 and hard drive.
My budget is probably around £250 for the CPU, Motherboard and cooler. Leaving me to get more RAM later, as I already have 4GBs of RAM do you think I should buy 4GB of the same RAM and use that instead?
Will this all work together and run BF4 at a good standard(high-ultra)?

haroldragaofficial

Reputable
Nov 12, 2014

I'm sorry. I couldn't access your partlist because it's only accessible to you. If you want to show me your build.

Go to "Saved Part List"
Click "View"
Click "Export/Markup"
Select "BB Code"
Copy the highlited part

Then reply to this very post and just paste it. Then "Review" and post it.