Screen flickers, GPU or Monitor problem? XFX R9 280x

badzmeapn

Reputable
Nov 6, 2014
I recently got an XFX R9 280x Black DD and I've noticed this since day 1 while using a VGA adapter, I don't know the exact term for calling it but I believe it's flickering(correct me if I'm wrong, I too would want to find out). It happens when I'm viewing videos using VLC/MPC since I only use those 2 mainly for watching videos, also it happens albeit not often but randomly when I'm browsing the internet. After that I thought, maybe it's because I'm using an outdated VGA adapter so I bought and HDMI cable. Though the flickers have minimized, they're still there but subtle and not that often in contrast to when I was using a VGA cable. What could be the problem here? Defective GPU? Defective monitor?(When I was using the integrated graphics, I had no issues with flickering)
I also have tried uninstalling/installing drivers, flickers still there. Also, I've tried re-seating the GPU, flickers still there.

Here I was able to shoot a video showing you the "flickering" I was talking about
As I was watching FMA:Brotherhood, at around 0:18 seconds you will see what I'm talking about.
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp0JTo2khfc&feature=youtu.be"][/video]

Stuff I use:
XFX R9 280x Black DD
Toshiba 24" 24PS10E TV

XFX_Support

Distinguished
I think i can help with this. We have a bios fix for some 280x's depending on the serial #. please PM me or email mark@xfxforce.com, your serial # and ill get you setup. Thank you

badzmeapn

Reputable
Nov 6, 2014

i email-ed you :)

alekasas

Reputable
Jan 3, 2015
Happy new year! I also have XFX R9 280X Flickering problem. I have the card about 5 months. Can you help me? I can sent you my serial number so to give me the bios? Thanks in advance.