where to buy movies to down load to my external hard drive

We dont support any illegal activity including any copyright infringement, this is specifically stated in the forum rules that you should have read before responding to any threads.

Us members are not naive in where the source of some content comes from. We have no issues helping you setup a plex server, or xbmc, or advising on storage/raid solutions etc but will not help with setting up torrents or any illegal activity, just dont mention where the content comes from.

jaguarman

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

Ok but one last word: they are not illegal, they're only illegal if the provider profits from the share.

That is completely incorrect.
Installing pirated software or downloading any copyright protected media is illegal from the get go, it is additional charges for duplicating and selling the content. Now in regards to media you are much more likely to get caught the more you seed/share as the MPA and music labels can fine you more money for every person you seeded/shared the file with.

jaguarman

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

Entitled to your opinion...I can respect that... go ahead and spend away.

'Entitled to your opinion" that's the best legal defense I have ever heard, be sure to use that with a judge!

It is not opinion on what the law says and what is and is not illegal. Yes there is interpretation of the law about situations like if X qualifies as self defense or murder, but there is no opinion on if murder is illegal or not.

My opinion is that the practices and greed of the MPA, music recording studios, and corporate media conglomerates only fuels the quantity and appeal of piracy. Not to mention companies like Adobe that want to force you to pay a subscription to use their Creative Suite products and when you stop paying they block you from even having access to your files (not to mention not being able to use the software you are paying for because their servers go down for extended periods of time).

Everything i said in the last paragraph is an opinion, what the official law says in black and white is not opinion.