Help me choose a case and cooling system for my build.

Carter Menashe

Reputable
Dec 4, 2014
Please help me finish this build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dHfCt6

I want to have as small case as possible that can fit in the graphics cards and stay as cool as possible. I don't plan to overclock anything as long as it's not necessary, but the cooling system has to be adequate and keep the components on the cool side.

The case should preferably have at least 2 external 5.25" bays and 6 internal 3.5"/2.5" bays AFTER fitting in the GPUs and cooling systems. Also if there is leds and colorful stylings and such, then those should be preferably red/black or anything that fits the Asus ROG theme. Also carrying handles would be awesome.

I would like you to suggest a case (mid tower if possible) and a plan to keep the system cool in that case.

So any suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

Trossa

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014
What is your budget? There are many good cases that fit your requirements but costs are varied. You could go with a h440, Phantom 410, CM 690 III, Fractal R4/R5 or maybe even a HAF XM. As for the LEDs, you could (and should) add aftermarket fans if you want to keep your pc nice and cool, some of which come with various coloured LEDs

Carter Menashe

Reputable
Dec 4, 2014
I don't have a specific budget for the case and cooling, but since you asked I'd say 400(€/£/$) maximum for each and preferably (a lot) less, but I will pay what is necessary. Thanks for the reply. I will look into those cases, but I will need help with the cooling system since this is my first build and I have no idea.

Trossa

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014
Sorry for the late reply, I have been busy. 400 Euros is waaaaaayyyyyyy too much for a mid tower. Just get the case you like the look of the most as cases are just a matter of personal opinion.if your cpu and/or gpu is getting hot then add some fans and/or replace the existing ones.