hp pavilion monitor shuts itself off.

WarHeaven

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
I have a hp pavilion 22xi monitor that shuts itself off randomly. I took it apart making sure there's no dust to cause heat and its squeaky clean, I changed the power cable these monitors have a power pack like a laptop has since I have 3 of the same monitor I was able to change the cords and that didn't work, changed the vga cables, nope. So I took it back apart ultimately changed the two capacitors on the main board, nope.... So now I don't know what else to do it powers up fine like before but also shuts itself off like before.
Before I swapped the capacitors I also factory reset the monitor, changed a bunch of settings and dimmed the brightness way low, now this kept the monitor on longer but still shut off one of the reasons that led me to believe bad caps but still have a bunk monitor and can't triple screen game and its bullshit having a 1 year warranty on electronics these days and I had it for 14 months. Pos.

WarHeaven

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013

No. I tossed it and got an ultrawide monitor. Anything HP I have had I always seem to have issues with so I'm never buying HP again.

TRENDING THREADS