Problem gaming accross 3 monitors eyefinity

Kenw50

Honorable
Dec 5, 2014
Have extended the monitors and when I run Diablo 3 it shows up individually on each monitor. How do I correct it so the game spans all three.
R9270X video card, 1-active DP to HDMI. 2-DTVHDMI connections
3 Samsung 27" monitors all set up the same.
Having a heck of a time setting this up. Help please.

Solution
Unfortunately I don't have D3 to test for you. But I've seen a few people on youtube running it on triple screens. The game wasn't designed for it but should work if you set it to windowed fullscreen (or fullscreen windowed, however they worded it) in the games options. You have tried that right? Maybe Blizzard patched the game removing the ability to do windowed fullscreen, idk. Wish I could test it for you, maybe another user on here can shed some light.

In the meantime, do you have any other games to test to make sure eyefinity is configured properly? You'll need to set the resolution in each game's options to your eyefinity resolution. Some games you'll need to set to windowed fullscreen. If you set a game to use a single...

Kenw50

Honorable
Dec 5, 2014

This is where I get hung up. All screens are listed as 1 in the select a display box below.
above the left screen is the preferred monitor #1 is the center and the 3rd is to the right. Cant switch them

At present the desktop is across all the screens. I am doing something wrong in the software and cant figure it out. help is appreciated.

larkspur

Distinguished
Make sure to use Catalyst to configure the displays. Right-click the desktop. Run AMD Catalyst Control Center. Choose the AMD Eyefinity Multi-Display tab on the left. Choose Create Eyefinity Display. Create a single group using all three of your displays. If your displays are not appearing in the correct location (like your left screen is being displayed as the right screen) then choose Arrange Eyefinity Display Group. You can also configure bezel correction if you like. Did that help?

Kenw50

Honorable
Dec 5, 2014
I have taken the steps that you have suggested and also tried the game . I am still getting individual games on all three monitors. I am going to try again and will get back to you.

larkspur

Distinguished
Unfortunately I don't have D3 to test for you. But I've seen a few people on youtube running it on triple screens. The game wasn't designed for it but should work if you set it to windowed fullscreen (or fullscreen windowed, however they worded it) in the games options. You have tried that right? Maybe Blizzard patched the game removing the ability to do windowed fullscreen, idk. Wish I could test it for you, maybe another user on here can shed some light.

In the meantime, do you have any other games to test to make sure eyefinity is configured properly? You'll need to set the resolution in each game's options to your eyefinity resolution. Some games you'll need to set to windowed fullscreen. If you set a game to use a single monitor resolution (like 1920x1080) then it will duplicate across all three (like you are seeing in D3). Some games (like Starcraft II) don't allow multi-monitor resolutions.

Solution

Kenw50

Honorable
Dec 5, 2014