Corsair H110 Liquid Cooling - how long will it last?

GkQfg

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013
I have a Corsair H110 CPU Liquid Cooling kit that came with a 5 year warrantee when I bought it in my system that is now about 10 months old, this is my first CPU cooling kit and I would like to know how long they last before they start to spring a leak? What are the tell tail signs of it breaking down I mean if it somehow did leak my motherboard, ram, CPU etc. will be fried right - pc's and water don't mix :(

Would the warrantee cover the parts it destroys?

If all is as it should be (perfect world, lab/test bench scenario) they won't leak. Like anything else, there's always a chance. Probably less chance than a completely home built water cooling loop. Hard to tell what would be toast if it leaked. You may get lucky if you catch it in time. You may lose your mobo, you may lose your cpu, you may lose the whole works. It's a roll of the dice. Being that there is risk involved (more than air cooling) I'd check it every once in awhile. Look for visual signs of a leak, any discoloration, displacement of dust around the fittings things like that. If the hoses are bare rubber (no sheathing) give them a slight squeeze with your thumb and finger - see if they feel soft or are becoming stiff or brittle. Probably a good idea not to leave it running while you're away or overnight while you're sleeping. If something were to go wrong and you're there paying attention you stand a chance of reacting and shutting things down.

I don't see anything in the warranty to indicate they cover your system beyond replacement of the faulty cooler.

Some never leak at all, others leak in the box.
Its a very slim chance for it to leak, nothing to really worry about.

RMA from corsair has been known to replace any damaged components from leaks.

There is no real way to tell if/when its going to leak, but when the pump starts to gurgle (Air in the pump housing) its usually a good sign there is a leak forming somewhere.