Ps4 or new graphics card

jollypirate

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014
Im Deciding wheter to get a new gpu (something like the gtx970 or r9 270x) or a ps4 first. The reasons im considering a ps4 are that i want to play bloodbourne really badly and as quick as i can (huge souls series fan) and because my pc is old and im unsure wheter its even worth upgrading (if i got a ps4 first i would probably wait a year or two and build myself a new one)
What do you guys think, whats the preformanc of a ps4 compared to similarly priced gpus?

My specs :
Gpu: Club 3d hd5770 (overclocked)
Cpu: i5 760 (overclocked)
Ram: 6gb 1333mhz ddr3
Mobo: asus p7d55d
Psu: lc power 600w

wolfbm09

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
When comparing consoles to pcs it is apples and oranges. The knee jerk reaction is to right up and say the graphics card since the new gen is outdated in the realm of pcs (I play pc and console just so you know). Being a huge souls fan myself the big question is if you decided on the card what are you planning to play since I don't recall bloodbourne being available on pc. So what are your goals.

Teglox

Reputable
Oct 21, 2014
I would say get a card. i have played console for the better part of my gaming life and when i moved to pc i couldnt get back to consoles even with its "great" exclusives which it barley has any. in the long run you will have more games and things to do on your pc with mods kickstarters.
if you do want to get a ps4 i would say wait till there will be more exclusives that are worth your time thats in a couple years. for now get the 970 there are fantastic games coming out that will take advantage of these new cards.