NewEgg is trustworthy, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TacoMike

Reputable
Sep 9, 2014
I am looking to buy a new laptop and someone who will remain anonymous is not convinced that NewEgg is not trustworthy because she is not much of an internet savvy person. What can I tell her that will help her to know that it is a trustworthy site that is not "run by hackers from a gang"?

Solution
You could show her that when you scroll down to the bottom of the page (newegg homepage), you can see all of the "trusted source" logos like norton, google, etc.

These can often be replicated and mean nothing, but if she's not very tech savvy she won't bat an eye. ;D

iron8orn

Admirable
haha..

When I got my built my first gaming pc I got a Phenom 965 BE and I told them it was bad in my favorite game and they took it back and let me get a FX 6350.

TacoMike

Reputable
Sep 9, 2014

Thanks

You could show her that when you scroll down to the bottom of the page (newegg homepage), you can see all of the "trusted source" logos like norton, google, etc.

These can often be replicated and mean nothing, but if she's not very tech savvy she won't bat an eye. ;D

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Having said that...I am currently waiting on a new SSD from the Egg. Case and SSD bought the same day (Nov 27) Case arrived days ago, SSD handoff between Newegg and USPS...someone fumbled. It is lost in the ether.

That is the only shipment (out of dozens) I've ever had from the Egg that went awry, but I want my drive.

I wouldn't call them on ever ground as amazon or tigerdirect. Amazon's customer service is WAY better. It's nearly impossible to get an RMA through newegg. Tigerdirect packages much better than newegg. Ordered multiple hard drives from each and the newegg one came without any protection. Tigerdirect has theirs double bubble wrapped.

iron8orn

Admirable

haha

Combogalis

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
Newegg is very trustworthy, enough so that they are on Google's list of trusted sites, and Google offers free protection on your orders from them that you can opt in on. I ordered a case from them a couple weeks ago and when I did, a message from Google popped up offering me this, so even if Newegg scammed me or whatever, Google had my back.

If that doesn't do it for her, show her some of the negative reviews on random computer parts. A lot of the time when people post negative reviews saying "it broke after a week" or something, a newegg employee will reply and help them get the problem sorted, often by sending them a new part.

I've read A LOT of newegg reviews and never have I seen newegg offer a replacement. At most I see them say "Contact the manufacturer first if you have any issues".

Status
Not open for further replies.