900$ Gaming desktop build. Opinions please is this build future proof and for tons of Skyrim mods.

Vader6x

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Hello, I am going to be buying a PC Desktop finally and would like your opinions on this building I have made and your thoughts of it running games now and for next year..

Just a few things I will be hooking it up to a 50in Samsung HDTV max res 1080p so I don't need anything 4k. I will also not be streaming or anything like that. I want this rig for two reasons to play fighter games like the new Street Fighter 5 and Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round, and to Play Skyrim with as many mods as i can find online and i mean a lot of mods..

That's pretty much all i can think of at the moment my budget is 800-900 and i found this spec PC for sale do you guys think it's a wise buy at the price of 900 or should i wait look for something better or am i a fool to pass this up?? Thank you guys very much i appreciate your replies and opinions :]

List of parts
Evga Gtx 780 SC
i7 4770k 3.5Ghz
Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
16 GB 1600mhz G.Skill Ripjaws RAM kit (2 8GB sticks
2TB Western Digital Caviar Black
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC Motherboard
OCZ Fatality 750W bronze Full Modular PSU
Rosewill Thor V2 case in Black/red LED
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

random5

Distinguished
Qrv8Z6G.jpg

Vader6x

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012

Its in $ American lol. So like what do you feel its lacking in context of price?

Vader6x

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012

That is good advice. and yes it will be used so i will ask a ton of questions like bitcoin minning and trash like that. Also i know there is no futute proof gaming rigs but i ment was like to run games coming out in 2015

It won't have mined any coins as the GPU is not AMD.

This will run games in 2015, but don't expect it to max every game that comes out next year at 1080p.

I know the gtx780 came out relatively recently, but the 9xx cards already out and the gtx980 (the new 780) is MUCH more powerful than the 780. The 780 is still a great card, but it is already a generation old.

Also, no one buys Windows 7 ultimate unless you fell for a marketing scam so I would be weary of the OS. I would bet money it is pirated. Not only is it illegal pirate it, but it is VERY illegal to sell a system with a pirated OS.

Vader6x

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012

Windows 8 not being good for gaming is 100% MYTH. Windows 8 is actually BETTER for games. They all run BETTER on 8.1 than 7. Windows 8.1 is the best bet for a current gaming computer for sure. Plus they are dropping all but online/ automated support for 7 in 2015. No more call support and cutting update frequency by 1/2. Windows 7 is being phased out.

This computer will max those games no problem and run Skyrim with many mods, but no matter what modded games will become clunky so if you use like a ton of shaders and textures don't expect 100% flawless performance.

Vader6x

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012

You are about to make me run out and spend a grand on a gaming PC lol I trust you though

bcr1231

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
Only other thing I could recommend is possibly an SSD. I dont have one but if your talking about "future proofing" I thought it would be worth mentioning

Ive heard that they can improve boot times for the OS and for loading games and that they have a lifespan x5 the times of HDD's. There is not much of a performance Boost in most games (about 5 fps) but it might be worth looking into

Good luck