Which 2 of these are best?

I need to choose from two of the following courses for my degree at uni. Which do you think are arguably the most valuable in the workplace (future proof?). I have no preference as of yet...but I do want to get into management and consulting eventually.

1)This introductory course is designed to give an overview of a wide variety of technical, interpersonal, documentation, and managerial skills needed to become an effective systems administrator.

2)This course examines common threats to computer network security and discusses various techniques to mitigate those threats. The course material is supplemented with lab assignments that implement network security tools and use them to build a small secure network. It discusses information hiding, traffic monitoring and control, intrusion detection, and security policy.

3)This course focuses on routing in an autonomous system network using Cisco Systems equipment. It will include a review of the fundamental operations needed in AS routing and will then, through lecture and lab assignments, implement various network configurations using Cisco equipment. The concepts addressed will include router, switch and protocol implementations for Cisco Discovery Protocol, Spanning Tree Protocol, VLAN's, VLAN Trunking Protocol and standard Cisco network routing protocols, among others

4)Application of object oriented programming languages as a means to implement object oriented designs. Polymorphism through inheritance and interfaces, design methods such as Responsibility Driven Design and such reusable design techniques as abstract classes and frameworks. Event-driven programming and the Java Swing classes for constructing interactive Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs),the basics of the Unifed Modeling (UML) and elementary design patterns.

Enthusiast Builder

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
I'm not sure there is a definitive answer here, but I will say that information security folks are highly in demand. Look at all the data breaches - all those companies are hiring, and the lack of qualified applicants means they're earning a pretty penny. My two cents - #2 sounds like an intro to a promising career path. I read somewhere InfoSec job demand was growing at 12x the average for other jobs, and still a few times faster than even the average for computer jobs in general. So yeah...get into InfoSec?

Could be my bias - I'm in a related field.

i appreciate your input. Ill give you some background info... the degree is called the Bachelor of IT (BIT) and is a nice blend with a focus on computer science. About 50 hours of CompSci, 15 hours of IT (and an IT internship), and 12 or so of business/management. It will double as a business minor too. Security has always interested me, i am pretty much lay in all these areas as of now, though i learn quick.

also i have to choose 2 of the 4 classes