question on AMD

Neon Green

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2014
My question is I heard that AMD heat up pretty fast and multiply cores doesn't really do much for gaming ,I just wanted to know is this true and if it is is the heat durable or should I consider buying Intel?

Solution
It all comes down with the IPC = instruction per cycle.
Intel`s IPC is larger than AMD`s which mean they can execute more task in the same time than AMD.

But for entry or low budget gaming, AMD will be a good choice.

iamlegend

Admirable
It all comes down with the IPC = instruction per cycle.
Intel`s IPC is larger than AMD`s which mean they can execute more task in the same time than AMD.

But for entry or low budget gaming, AMD will be a good choice.

Solution

Neon Green

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2014

what your opinion of GPU then?

Dec 13, 2014
Look, it comes to down to how much money you want to spend really. AMD is cheaper, you can get a AMD FX8350 8-Core Black Series right now for $170 (orig. $300 or more). Intel is more expensive for the comparable CPU, but Intel's IPC is faster within their cores so they don't use as many cores as you will notice the new gen Intel CPUs are all mainly 4 cores but due to their tech they break the 4 cores into 8 so their CPUs are more efficient. When it comes to heat that would come down to the quality of your heat sink and thermal compound that was used when the CPU was applied to the heat sink, and of course how many fans your case has and the settings your BIOS has for the RPMs of the fans to run at depending on what temps. your CPU is currently at. I have never heard of one or another CPU brand getting hotter then another. AND YES multiple cores DO matter for next-gen/new games, as they are currently starting to phase out Dual Core CPUs all together when it comes to the game requirements, take FC4 and DA-Inquisition for example. The multiple cores help spread out the pay load of the processing power it takes to run these new gen games. Hope that helps, take care.