New GTX 780 problems

dtonycristian

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
Hello,

I recently bought a GTX 780 and I have some problems with a application. The application is a 3D geological modeling software and one thing that it does is loading a 3D model of a terrain. A week ago I was having a R9 280X Tri-X and loading lets say MODEL1 worked perfect. I was able to rotate the model to edit it and etc. Now with the GTYX 780 the rotation and edit of the model is very very slow. From what I understood over the internet is that NVIDIA GTX 780 should performe better but in this case doesen`t. I talked to the software company and they say that they use Nvidia laptops and my card should performe without any trouble.
When I load the model and look at GPU-Z and task manager GPU is 99%, CPU 48% and RAM 30%. (I don`t know what were the values at r9 280x though).

Thank you very much!

dtonycristian

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014

Yes! I have reinstalled windows althogether. So I have a fresh install.

dtonycristian

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
So Nvidia has the same problems like AMD. :). One thing though, should I perform a clean install from NVIDIA DVD or unistall all drivers and then install from DVD?

dtonycristian

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
I know that, but why R9 280X worked much better, when it shouldn`t. And another thing is that the developers themselves toled me it should not be any problem.

I would go to the Nvidia Control Panel and check that you don't have an odd setting enabled that is slowing you down. Check Transparency Anti aliasing, Ambient Occlusion, and the texture quality levels. Make sure to re-install the latest drivers from the Nvidia website.