This might be stupid but what should I buy

Exario

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
Currently going to get 1000$, I been thinking on getting solely a gaming PC, but then I thought about how most console games work better on consoles as PC gets a half-assed version. As how its being said that Shadow of Mordor requires 6gb of video memory and even the motion blur and AA doesnt work on PC.

So now I'm thinking on getting a ps4 for 400, along with a 600$ on a gaming PC along with monitor and peripherals, having 500 for the desktop itself. Not really planning to play any high end PC games.

Is this a smart idea? Or should I still go for the 1000$ PC

Solution

I don't think that's accurate, I think my friend was playing Shadow of Mordor on the Xbox One and he wasn't having any problems. But anyways, if you need a monitor, then I'd say get a PS4/Xbone with it, I don't think a gaming desktop that's $700 and below is worth it.

-Lone-

Admirable

I don't think that's accurate, I think my friend was playing Shadow of Mordor on the Xbox One and he wasn't having any problems. But anyways, if you need a monitor, then I'd say get a PS4/Xbone with it, I don't think a gaming desktop that's $700 and below is worth it.

Solution
The way things are going now is that the current gen(PS4 XBONE) consoles and PC get both get the half assed version and it plays better on high end PC's than on PS4. Check out Assassin's Creed Unity. And many games only run at 30FPS or less on consoles whereas you can get much higher FPS on PC. Also the resolution is less than 1080p very often on console versions of games. You might miss out on some games such as WWE games for example but PC gets most of the multiplats although you might have to wait longer for the PC versions to launch.