how much should I charge client?

hoorhay

Reputable
Sep 9, 2014
Hello,

For a long time now I've been posting ads on craigslist. One detailing how I build towers to fit many needs, with several tiers with predetermined parts to choose from, at a set price. Many others for individual towers I already have assembled ready to sell.

Now for the first time ever I had someone messaging me asking me to look over his part list he made on partpicker, as he'd buy them himself. However he wants me to assemble it for him, and show him how. He's wondering if I do that sort of service, and how much I'd charge. And honestly I have no clue. Suggestions?

Solution
$50 -$100 depending on your local cost of living. i live in a big city and $100 would not be too much but in rural iowa it is probably too much.

figure a couple hours of your time to walk him through it is worth the money. I have actually done this before and charged $100 for my time. He was happy to pay it knowing it was only a one time thing. any future build he'd be bale to do himself.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
$50 -$100 depending on your local cost of living. i live in a big city and $100 would not be too much but in rural iowa it is probably too much.

figure a couple hours of your time to walk him through it is worth the money. I have actually done this before and charged $100 for my time. He was happy to pay it knowing it was only a one time thing. any future build he'd be bale to do himself.

Solution