1080p monitor (for gaming) at 24" or 27"?

chewylou

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
Can anyone speak for the quality of 1080p monitors at 27inch? Do they lose some quality there, or still pop nicely?

I heard that 24inch is the sweet spot, but that was from someone speculating...

Can anyone speak from experience? Thanks.

Solution
Well it's up to personal preference really. Like at 28 Inches on a monitor I notice that the image is more pixelated. Whereas my friend thinks it looks fine.

Personally I do think 24" is the sweet spot, as the 1920x1080p resolution fits it nicely, but once again a few people will say it also fits 27" nicely. If I were you I'd go see for for myself, go to a local PC store or even an electronics store and see the difference yourself.
I mean even the bigger size may actually feel better to you over the less pixel density.

So yes it does lose quality but the quality is up to you.
-good luck

Anonymouselite5

Distinguished
Well it's up to personal preference really. Like at 28 Inches on a monitor I notice that the image is more pixelated. Whereas my friend thinks it looks fine.

Personally I do think 24" is the sweet spot, as the 1920x1080p resolution fits it nicely, but once again a few people will say it also fits 27" nicely. If I were you I'd go see for for myself, go to a local PC store or even an electronics store and see the difference yourself.
I mean even the bigger size may actually feel better to you over the less pixel density.

So yes it does lose quality but the quality is up to you.
-good luck

Solution

chewylou

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
I also have 1440 at 27" and yes, looks great. But films look not-so-great, and it's my only screen for movie-watching, which I do a lot of!

Also I thought it would be great to have a nice 1080 monitor for native gaming if my GPU muscle can't max out a game on ultra... Sounds like 24" may be the answer. I did have a 21" LCD IPS, and in all fairness it looked stunning. So if I can maintain that density at 24" then I'd consider that a victory.

Anonymouselite5

Distinguished

Well IPS does look the best, especially for Movies. There's many IPS 24" 1080p panels out there.
The Monitor Im using right now is an AOC 24" 1080p IPS panel.
This one: http://www.aocmonitorap.com/root/sg/product_display.php?id=271

It's amazing for me, although some people like Asus over AOC. I can't say for Asus but AOC is not bad at all. Just look around at your local store, heck at the same time while your looking at screen sizes ask to look at an IPS display while your at it.

-good luck

chewylou

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013

Your link is for 27", and you said you're using 24". Do you mean this one? http://www.scan.co.uk/products/236-aoc-i2476vwm-ips-black-silver-monitor-hdmi-mhl-vga-1920x1080-5ms

As that was what I had my eye on!

Anonymouselite5

Distinguished

The link I gave you comes in 23" and 27", I own the 23" version.
The link you have is the newer version of my monitor, They may have improved some Things on it such as the frame. The one you send looks much stronger.

I still trust AOC, I don't own that exact monitor but my experience from this one, shows that most of their monitors aren't bad ;)
Once again if you can find a PC store ask to see what the monitor looks like in person, and look up reviews on youtube of people looking at the monitor.

-good luck