Aoc monitor comparisons?

Blaketho

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
I'm looking to get a monitor for multiple uses. I have a macbook pro and I'm either getting a newer macbook pro or an iMac. I'd like to be able to hook up a second monitor to the iMac or use it for my laptop to set up a portable desktop/docking station if you will. I've been looking at a lot of other peoples mac setups and it looks like a lot of people use Aoc monitors, I've specifically been looking at the i2769vm and the i2757fh. Both are 27" and I was curious if anyone has experience with those or perhaps if there are any other good options to check out?

I know next to nothing about monitors. I'm looking for a good resolution, maybe something that would go above the standard 1080p. I noticed the i2769 has DisplayPort as a connection option? What exatly does that mean? I know mac doesn't have VGA i/o but you can get adapters and they don't have thunderbolt to HDMI adapters so I don't think its possible to use HDMI with mac to a monitor as far as I know. Is VGA something that us viable for something higher than 1080p? Or what are good connectors to look out for?

Solution
since it's productivity and little graphic u already correct by choosing IPS panel monitor..

the problem is I'm not familiar with apple product :D (or connector it uses)
and i'm cannot get sufficient info on i2769vm and i2757fh to compare

what type of IPS panel it uses, (S-IPS, E-IPS, AH-IPS, IPS-Pro, etc)
color support. (6 bit, 8 bit, or 10 bit)
type of back light, (WLED, WLED matrix, or RGB LED)

the best one is using IPS-Pro / AH-IPS panel with 10 bit color support and RGB LED backlight..

rdc85

Honorable
when u means multiple uses, what it'll more used for? productivity/gaming/leisure (movie) ?
also if u works in design/graphic where color accuracy is important?
last the budget..

each will have different type of monitor for best experience..
we will try some middle ground from there...

Blaketho

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
Mainly used for productivity and probably graphic stuff. Photoshop etc. No movies but occasionally some light gaming like sims and real simple stuff since macs lack in the gaming field

Budget is probably $200 but $300 range is alright too

Blaketho

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014

My last post didn't quote you so I don't imagine you saw it but yeah, my last post explains the main uses, if i missed anything let me know

rdc85

Honorable
since it's productivity and little graphic u already correct by choosing IPS panel monitor..

the problem is I'm not familiar with apple product :D (or connector it uses)
and i'm cannot get sufficient info on i2769vm and i2757fh to compare

what type of IPS panel it uses, (S-IPS, E-IPS, AH-IPS, IPS-Pro, etc)
color support. (6 bit, 8 bit, or 10 bit)
type of back light, (WLED, WLED matrix, or RGB LED)

the best one is using IPS-Pro / AH-IPS panel with 10 bit color support and RGB LED backlight..

Solution