gtx 980 asus strix or evga acx sc 2.0 in terms of noise and cooling

Ali Amiri

Reputable
Dec 17, 2014
Hey guys I'm about to get a 980 but I don't know which to get between the asus and the evga model. Being silent and cool is very important to me. I've read that the strix does make a lot of noise under heavy load but the evga acx sc 2.0 has a lot of reported coil whining. I don't know what noise level the evga model has under load.
So out of the 2 models and barring in mind that I want it to be silent and kept cool which one of the two acts better overall?

ps: a friend of mine is bringing me the card as I live in another country and the prices here are very higher than america. So sending the card back to replace is not an option. Which one has less defected cards?

the bottom line on all that is personal preference and luck of the draw

what you may feel is acceptable for its noise someone may feel its not

as far as cooling you may get a card the was put together on a good day at the plant and was done right or the card that came down the line just after the guy got chewed out by his boss ??? your room temp and case air flow may be different as in I tell you the card runs cool but I'm in Alaska and your at the equator with no A/C and 100 deg.

TRENDING THREADS