Need some advice on how to hide my computer use

Bobosapian

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014
I'd like some advice on how to go about encrypting my computer, i'd like to hide EVERYTHING i'm doing from anybody that wants to look, and i'd like to know if anybody actually tries to find out what i'm doing.

so we're clear i'm not actually doing anything i'm not meant to do, i'm just not interested in companies like the NSA knowing every little tidbit about my life and keeping it on record just for the sake of it.

so if anybody has prior experience with how to go about this any reccomendations on downloadable programs/software would be super appreciated, thanks :)

Solution
Ok. Let's try this again. The ONLY way to keep anyone from seeing what you do on your computer is to NEVER connect it to any other computer/network. If this is not an option, then everything you do on your computer is subject to be viewed by anyone else PERIOD. Your only safety net is to blend in with all the rest of the noise. Do nothing that would make you stand out from the trillions of bytes of data being run through security filters. Avoid detection by hiding in plain site.

-Wolf sends

Bobosapian

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014

while that may seem like a simple solution, i think we're both aware that living without the internet in these times would be almost impossible, especially considering i came to the internet to get help, the pure irony.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Have to agree with leeb2013 on this one. The only way to keep anyone from seeing what you do on your computer is to never connect it to any other computer or network. Of course, 90% of the programs available on the market today require an Internet connection, so that choice is up to you.

-Wolf sends

Bobosapian

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014

you're telling me that there's no way to stop people seeing what i do even slightly? i mean if i can't fully block people out i'd settle for whatever there is at the current time, anything is better than nothing

Wolfshadw

Titan
Ok. Let's try this again. The ONLY way to keep anyone from seeing what you do on your computer is to NEVER connect it to any other computer/network. If this is not an option, then everything you do on your computer is subject to be viewed by anyone else PERIOD. Your only safety net is to blend in with all the rest of the noise. Do nothing that would make you stand out from the trillions of bytes of data being run through security filters. Avoid detection by hiding in plain site.

-Wolf sends

Solution