Looking for a decent 27inch general use screen

funkyhead

Reputable
Dec 19, 2014
Hi, everyone! I want to buy a 27inch monitor for general use(75% DAW, 25% movies and gaming). I decided it to be 27 instead of 24.because of the Fact I like to make myself comfortable during work and want everything to be big and clear. Now I need to lean forward to my 19inch screen. It has tohave VESA mount and DVI. Also HDMI and audio out so I can connect my Xbox to it as well. My questions are :
- is any of the screens mentioned below suitable for my needs ?
- is it necessary to have a dvi port or a simple dvi-hdmi switch will do the trick ?
- is va display the best choice or should I concider also ips ?

My choices are:
- Benq GW2760HS/BL2700HT
- Iiyama X2783HSU

Solution
The BenQ monitors are good picks. I'd get one of those.
AMVA panels are a tad under IPS variants but better than TN panel. So they're good for general usage.
You can always look for an IPS panel for better image quality.
The monitor comes with both DVI and HDMI connections, so you should be covered with that.

Here's a review of the BenQ GW2760HS:
http://www.trustedreviews.com/benq-gw2760hs-review

TheMentalist

Distinguished
The BenQ monitors are good picks. I'd get one of those.
AMVA panels are a tad under IPS variants but better than TN panel. So they're good for general usage.
You can always look for an IPS panel for better image quality.
The monitor comes with both DVI and HDMI connections, so you should be covered with that.

Here's a review of the BenQ GW2760HS:
http://www.trustedreviews.com/benq-gw2760hs-review

Solution

funkyhead

Reputable
Dec 19, 2014
Thank you for your answer. Do you think the BL2700HT will be a "better GW2760"? It came out not longer than a month ago so there is not much info about the BL but as far I know it will use the same display as the EW2740L which got some nice reviews.

TheMentalist

Distinguished
The BL2700HT does have some nice extras. The stand is better for one, I'd say the image quality should be the same if not better.
Haven't released much reviews yet, so I'm not 100% sure. But I think you'll be good with either one of those.