3 vga monitors into a mini Hdmi, dvi-d, dvi-i. what adapters do i need.

Are you trying to use these as extended displays, or as 2D surround? 2D surround requires digital connections. If all you want is to use them as extended desktop displays, you will need active adapters, which aren't cheap, except for the DVI-I port. DVI-I supports analog, so get a normal DVI-I to VGA adapter. The HDMI to VGA and DVI-D to VGA require active adapters.

xRicl33x

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014

Extended. I have the dvi-i to vga. and ordered the other two active. I will post once they get in and let the world know if it worked

xRicl33x

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
So you need Active adapters. I used VGA to dvi-i adapter cheap and easy to find. i used star-tech dvi-d to VGA adapter converter part # DVI2VGAE around 25-30 dollars but you are going from VGA analog to dvi-d digital so needed an active converter. Then for the mini HDMI to VGA it was also an active one that i got from dell.com (VisionTek mini HDMI to VGA Active Adapter Cable). You will need to watch out for the vga to dvi-d on internet because if they are not active adapters or converters they are fake and will not work.