Driving three external monitors using the Surface Pro 3's MDP and USB ports?

Krizzle

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
So I have three 1080p ASUS monitors that I would like to drive using my surface pro 3. I've been looking for the way to do it with the least amount of cables and adapters and through one source because I like my set up clean. So far I have been able to up these options for it. I was wondering if anyone else has a suggestion on how I could do it. Thank you.

Oh and the monitors support HDMI, VGA and DVI. I would prefer to use HDMI.

First way would be to by the USB pluggable 3900 dock. This has an HDMI and a DVI port. I could drive one monitor using the Surface's MDP, and the other two with the the DVI and HDMI on the dock. This would be extremely messy and would require constant plugging and unplugging of different cords. While that seems like a minor complaint, I'm a college student who is always on the move.

Another option would be the official sp3 docking station. But this only has one displayport...

I could get three USB to hdmi adapters, but that is expensive and I do not know about how well they preform.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Krizzle

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
You can drive three if you turn the SP3 screen off. And that product recommended above has bad reviews on amazon.

TRENDING THREADS