Gaming build almost ready - Only missing PSU and storage

Seplod

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
I'm almost ready with a new gaming build - I just need help with choosing
a PSU and the right storage. Also it would be greatly appreciated if I got some
feedback on how the build is. It should be noted that I do not plan on overclocking the system.

The build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus Z97-P ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card
Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Cooler Master 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)

First problem is that I do not know what PSU and how much wattage I need if the system will be primarily used for (high end?) gaming. I first considered the Cooler Master G650M, but I'm leaning towards the Corsair RM650 or RM750. The Corsair CX 650M/750M is also an option, but I think it's inferior compared to the others.

Second problem is that I'm not sure whether I should get the Seagate Desktop SSHD 1TB or WD Blue 1TB. I've heard that WD is more reliable, but the Seagate SSHD is (marginally) cheaper (for me) and faster(?)
I do not plan on getting a SSD at the moment.

Edit: Also feedback about whether the motherboard is fine for gaming would be greatly appreciated.

Mattios

Honorable
I'd suggest putting your build on pcpartpicker.com and it will show you an estimated wattage - go for a PSU about 100-150W over that estimate. Corsair TX, RM, HX are good solid PSUs for high end PCs.

In terms of storage, if you want speedier boot times then the SSHD will be good, but if you're happy to have standard speeds then the WD will be okay. Both are reputable brands.

Seplod

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

PCPartsPicker estimates a wattage of 328 W which strikes me as oddly low as the GPU alone could be drawing up to 300-400W (gaming and benchmarking).

Any comments on the motherboard?

Seplod

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Since I won't be overclocking (without a K-series CPU), I have been suggested to switch to a H97 series motherboard.

In that case, would the MSI H97 Gaming 3 be a better choice?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
The GTX 970 only has a TDP of 145 watts their not power hungry cards.
I would get a better motherboard and get the K series processor this would be right at the same price.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2060362
For the power supply a quality 550 watt would do. This is a 750 Watt made by Super Flower this is about the best deal right now for the price. Not modular but with that case having very good cable management that's no big deal http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006BCKHIQ/?tag=pcpapi-20 That will allow you to add another 970 in SLI in the future or upgrade to about anything you wish.
Add a decent CPU cooler. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005O65JXI/?tag=pcpapi-20

Seplod

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
I finished the build with the Corsair GM650, MSI H97 Gaming 3 and Seagate Desktop SSHD 1TB. Thank you for the help!