which is more worth it? gtx 750ti or r9 270?

Garrett Block

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014
I will use either with Intel pentium g3258 and 4gb of ram. The g3258 will be at 4.2ghz

Questions to keep in mind:

Should i get a different card? Which will be better? what is most suitable? Does nvidia support more games? Is amd mantle worth it rather than nvidia? which has better customer support? Which is more reliable in terms of driver updates? How long will either card last? Does it work well with the components im using?

Dec 21, 2014
http://www.hwcompare.com/17306/geforce-gtx-750-ti-vs-geforce-gtx-670/
This is a comparison
Try this site for compare your choices
It isnt 100% accurate
Bt decent enough

what is your exact budget?

270X is definitely better. no contest. but it also consume a whole lot more power than 750Ti.

you can take which ever you want but performance wise which is what really matter in gaming leans towards 270X

both company were about equal in this matter.

problem is not all games will have mantle due to it's nature. for AMD user that is something extra for them.

maybe nvidia. i haven't use radeon for a very long time. this is something for people that use both brand at the same time

nvidia seems releasing more drivers than AMD right now. it the past it was the opposite with AMD promised to release new drivers each months. in the end they stop that because it doesn't really help them but instead create unnecessary burden on their driver team. also AMD drops driver support much faster than nvidia. the recent example will be the upcoming DX12 support. while nvidia will support DX12 down to their 400 series card (that's mean all their DX11 card) amd will only supporting DX12 with GCN based card. their 5k and 6k (which also DX11 based card) will not going to get DX12 support. i asked about this myself to Robert with Tom's Hardware AMA (ask me anything) with AMD earlier this month.

both sits on different performance tier. but for this question it depends on how you like to play your game. i mean at what setting you willing to play.

you only mention about CPU and RAM. what is the other component? especially PSU

while 750Ti performance can rival mid ranger cards like 660 it is entry level card actually. current mid range are moving into entry level while the high end move towards mid range. but so far the performance on high end doesn't move at all even with the launch of 900 series.