3 ASUS VG27HE - 144hz triple monitor setup

ISMISIBM

Reputable
Dec 21, 2014
hi everyone.. I have been watching a lot of Linus and jaytwocentz as well as much reading on current gpu performance. Having said that I am having a hard time getting a consensus answer. Essentially I am looking at 3 water cooled 980gtx in SLI or dual r9 295x2s in crossfire. Essentially I am looking to maintain very high fps. The rigs I have priced out are 8k in Canada so I am aware and not too concerned. Ultimately looking for that high fps. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Good Morning,

You may wish to consider your cooling as well. Twin 295X2s on the same water loop may not cool as efficiently as you will want. If you have the ability to add an extra radiator, or use a separate loop for the second card you will get better cooling.

Also be wary of what you are using as coolant; certain items such as Silver Kill Coil will possibly void your warranty as it will cause galvanization with the nickel plated water block, which we cannot reverse.
So if i'm reading right, you have three Asus VG27HE's and want either of those GPUs to keep high fps?

If so, then dual r9 295x2s I would get. Mainly because you should get better performance with quad sli because the GPUs are closer together (two on one PCB) so you won't have as many issues as 4 or 3 separate cards.

However, both cards combined cost around $3000 where as three gtx 980s cost around $1800. So budget wise the gtx 980 has a huge win.

Quick Sum:

No budget: R9 295x2
Budget: gtx 980s.

ISMISIBM

Reputable
Dec 21, 2014
Thanks techy.
I can get my hands on VisionTek AMD R9 295X2 for 965 each. So about 2k + taxes that way and 980s are about 700 each..so 2100+..Pretty close for dollars but sounds like the AMD might be the way to go.

Venom Six Actual

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
Good Morning,

You may wish to consider your cooling as well. Twin 295X2s on the same water loop may not cool as efficiently as you will want. If you have the ability to add an extra radiator, or use a separate loop for the second card you will get better cooling.

Also be wary of what you are using as coolant; certain items such as Silver Kill Coil will possibly void your warranty as it will cause galvanization with the nickel plated water block, which we cannot reverse.

Solution