Need some help with monitor, colored vertical lines.

sapphire_jam

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
Hi!

I have a problem with a newly-bought 1440p monitor.
It's a korean IPS, Acheiva Shimian QH270-IPSB. It's a single-input display (dual-link DVI).
GPU: GTX 660

After I accidentally turned the monitor off via the power button and turned it on again, the screen displayed a pattern of vertical lines of different colors. Turning it off and on again seemed to fix everything.

A day later this happened again, however this time a simple power cycle didn't help, the pattern persisted.

I unplugged the monitor and inspected the DVI cable. I didn't like the way one of the plugs looked, so I went to a store the following day to buy a replacement. The pattern didn't show up, so I figured the cable was the culprit.

The next day I decided to try and switch the monitor off and on again, and unfortunately the pattern came back.
I wanted to disassemble the monitor to check for loose internal cables or something, but before that I just shook it a bit. And it worked, the monitor was fine again.

Today, when I turned on my PC, the pattern appeared again, and this time I didn't even touch the power button on the monitor. (the monitor worked fine after it was switched off by shutting down Windows)

I gave it a shake again and it's been working fine since, I'm using it right now. I'm kinda afraid to turn my PC off now. = (

Below is the photo of the pattern, not my monitor, but the pattern is similar, almost the exact same.

900x900px-LL-559c03f4_IMG_1492.jpeg

What might cause this and is there a way to fix the monitor somehow? Or maybe the external PSU that came with the monitor is at fault? Or my GPU?

sapphire_jam

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013

That's probably true, but I'd like to figure out what's wrong with it exactly. = (
Should I try and fix it, or is it better to buy a new one? Or perhaps something other than the monitor is malfunctioning?