2 Monitors with hdmi splitter

bstabbed

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014
Hi! So i have this problem that i use a hdmi splitter to split 1 hdmi cable to 2 out, because my amd radeon 7850 only has 1 working hdmi port. And i want to use 2 screens, but with not the exactly same picture. I want the 2nd screen to show my wallpaper and so i can drag things there with my mouse going from monitor 1 to 2nd. And still use monitor 1 for example gaming and monitor 2 for example spotify or youtube or something. How can i make this happen, because when i managed to connect the two screens, they both showed my homepage but super zoomed and pixeled and i want them to be normal and 1920x1080 as they both are the same Benq GL2460 1920X1080 FULL HD LED 24'' monitors. So thank you so much if someone fins a solution for this.

Solution

If your display has a DVI port then you could get a DVI cable instead of a DVI-to-HDMI adapter.

InvalidError

Titan
I'm guessing your "splitter" is merely a signal splitter - sends exactly the same thing to both displays.

If your 7850 has a DVI port (nearly all models do) then you can simply get a passive DVI to HDMI adapter, put that on the 7850 and plug your second monitor into it. If not, you may need an active DisplayPort-to-HDMI cable/adapter.

InvalidError

Titan

If your display has a DVI port then you could get a DVI cable instead of a DVI-to-HDMI adapter.

Solution