just built my first gaming computer no signal to monitor

tartmann

Honorable
Dec 19, 2014
I just built my first gaming computer. It says no signal to monitor. My part list is https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/ it turns on all the fans start. The optical drive runs the hard drive runs too. The video card runs too. I took out the video card to see if that was the problem and plugged it into the motherboard video ports that didn't change anythinh. I too all but one of the memory out. That didn't change anything either. I need help please and thank you in advance.

Solution

try hooking up to your tv via hdmi (or other) ensure that you try all your output slots on mobo and gpu.. once your os is up and running you might be able to fix this problem....

when you boot up what sounds does your mobo make any beeps etc. (check...

tartmann

Honorable
Dec 19, 2014
The cmos battery is that the battery on the motherboard that almost looks lile a hearing aid battery? I do have previous amd on the hard drive from my old amd a8 5500 if that makes any difference. How do i put nvidia drivers on?

SlowJoeCrow

Reputable
Dec 31, 2014
I'm in the same boat. From my research, the AMD 860K does not have integrated graphics so you have to use a GPU but what I've found is that many motherboard BIOS are not "up to date" so you will be required to flash the BIOS.
The solutions that I am weighing are:
1. Buy a cheap CPU with integrated graphics and flash the latest bios so I can use the 860K.
2. Eat the cost of the AMD 860K and buy a good CPU with integrated graphics
3. Try to RMA the motherboard and wait for one with updated bios.

pilgrum90

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011

try hooking up to your tv via hdmi (or other) ensure that you try all your output slots on mobo and gpu.. once your os is up and running you might be able to fix this problem....

when you boot up what sounds does your mobo make any beeps etc. (check internet for meaning of beep patterns associated with your mobo model.)

try re-seating your components (not just the gpu) and check any lose connections (your cords connecting the hard drives etc.(both ends) make sure they are in tight and or try new cords.

Solution