Triple monitor issue with new PC

LemonZap

Reputable
Dec 4, 2014
So i got a new PC yesterday (built it) and i have one small issue, Whenever i turn it on with all 3 of my monitors plugged in, no image is shown until i unplug all but one monitor and restart. However, when windows is loaded i can plug in the other 2 and no problems.
Does anyone know what is causing this?
My Specs:
Gigabyte 970 G1 gaming
AMD-FX8350
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
EVGA 750w
WD Caviar Blue 1tb
Thanks in advance.

Solution
This sounds like it's likely an issue with the GPU itself initiating. With all three connected and configured, try restarting, going into the UEFI BIOS and selecting a reset to default or optimal settings and rebooting.

If that doesn't correct the issue, it may be a faulty GPU and I've encountered similar problems with GPUs initiating with three outputs before but being fine with a single output. Replacing the GPU corrected the issue both times.

Are you using displayport or a displayport adapter for one of the monitors or are you using any of your outputs with a splitter for two of the monitors?
This sounds like it's likely an issue with the GPU itself initiating. With all three connected and configured, try restarting, going into the UEFI BIOS and selecting a reset to default or optimal settings and rebooting.

If that doesn't correct the issue, it may be a faulty GPU and I've encountered similar problems with GPUs initiating with three outputs before but being fine with a single output. Replacing the GPU corrected the issue both times.

Are you using displayport or a displayport adapter for one of the monitors or are you using any of your outputs with a splitter for two of the monitors?

Solution