What HDMI Splitter/Switcher Will Support My Monitor's Refresh Rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wadesie16

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
I am looking for very specific HDMI Splitters and can't seem to find one that I can actually order online. I am a Twitch TV live streamer and YouTuber that play PC games only. I am looking into buying consoles and a second PC for more diversity in my stream and channel. PLEASE HELP!
The HDMI Splitters I am looking for are the following

• 1x2 Splitter
    1x3 Splitter
    4x1 Switcher
They all NEED to be able to support 1080p (Preferably 4k) at over 144Hz, Support 3D, Support 12 bit HD (or higher), and support 7.1 surround sound.

Before you say anything please take this in mind
Yes, I know 7.1 sound is not technically possible with today's headsets.
I also know that there is no such thing as a monitor that supports 4k at 144Hz.
I know that 3D is not necessary for gaming but I'm not only using these splitters for gaming.
I know that 4k doesn't support 144Hz, I really just need the 144Hz for 1080p. (as long as it supports 4k)
Lastly, I know that 12 bit HD is not necessary, but I am going for quality.

Wadesie16

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013

I'll edit, but do you have any other advice on devices?

If you want devices to operate at 144hz you need to use dual link DVI or displayport. If that isn't an option because of a lack of support on the devices being use, then 144hz isn't an option.

Since the consoles and PC have not been purchased yet I'd make sure to purchase devices that support displayport or have DVI dual link outputs. Single link DVI is not sufficient.

Both displayport 1.3 (Not 1.2, so make sure of the versions on all devices) and DVI-D/DVI-I dual link support 144hz @ 1080. Both also support 4K resolutions @ 60hz.

Wadesie16

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013

Although I completely understand what you are saying, you did not answer my question at all. I need two signals coming from one hdmi cable. I need the splitter to be extremely high quality because It needs to support 144Hz@1080p
4k is just if I want to switch it to my 4k TV

I completely answered your question. Clearly you do not understand. You CANNOT HAVE 144hz at 1080p with HDMI. It is NOT POSSIBLE. AT ALL. EVER.

If you want 1080 OR higher resolutions, at 144hz, you must use dual link DVI connections and you cannot drive THAT through dual or split connections at 144hz. Displayport or dual link DVI connections are the only connections capable of 1080p at 144hz. Period.

And to do so with displayport, you must have the very newest Displayport 1.3 full DP. Not 1.1 or 1.2. Not mini-DP. Full size 1.3 displayport.

If you want to know whether you will be able to output even one monitor at 144hz, I will need to know the model number of your GPU card.

Status
Not open for further replies.