A question about dual monitors trough one DVI - I

Enflics

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
Hello everyone I wanted to ask one question about a DVI-I TO DVI-I + VGA cables

So I already have a monitor with a CLUB 3D Radeon HD 7850 in my desktop and I wanted to buy a second screen and a spliter which contains DVI-I to DVI + VGA like this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000P8FIT0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

my question is can I use one screen for gaming and the second one for what ever I want? And will it affect quality or speed of my primary monitor. The reason for this question is that I saw that some people were saying stuff like it will flat out display the same image and you can't tweak it also it decreases performance, I don't believe that but just to be sure I wanted to ask you guys thanks.

Solution
No, that cable is designed to send duplicate images to 2 screens.
What you need to do is connect your 2nd screen to one of the other outputs on the 7850. This will give you independent screens. I don't know what sort of performance hit you will get though.

pauls3743

Distinguished
No, that cable is designed to send duplicate images to 2 screens.
What you need to do is connect your 2nd screen to one of the other outputs on the 7850. This will give you independent screens. I don't know what sort of performance hit you will get though.

Solution