Extended Warranties Yes or No?

DruS183

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014
Ok, this is the question since my Chromebook will not be leaving the home, for home use only, does it make since to buy a extended warranty with accidental for 2-3 years? Remember this Chromebook is for the home and another thing if I ever move to a new place I like the small form factor. Warranty will be most likely Square Trade or Best Buy's Geek Squad. This is an update Square Trade Warranty is $74.91 for a 2 year Accidental and the Best Buy Geek Squad is $139.99 for a 2 year Accidental both I didn't include tax.

DruS183

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014

Toshiba Chromebook 2 is $354.00 with tax the warranty from Square Trade is I think around $100.00 and the Geek Squad is $149.00 I think both for 2-year.

I'd think it's probably worth it for either of them at the price you listed in your eidt on the original post. It's less than half the cost of replacing the item and the fact is that with electronics, something WILL go wrong eventually, that's just a fact of life. The only question is whether it does so during the warranty period.

Unless you can afford to pay the other half and replace the unit after the initial warranty fails, it's a good investment at 75 bucks.