Sound stuttering and lag

cheesegoblin

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
I have been having issues with sounds such as music, twitch, youtube and sounds from WoW. When I play WoW I usually have pandora running with music and sometimes I will watch twitch.tv and have some other tabs open in chrome. When I have more than lets say 2 tabs open I experience sound stuttering and my entire pc seems to lag some. This lag affects game performance and lags the pc. This only happens when I have multiple tabs open in an internet browser and playing a game.

I run windows 7 i7 3930k cpu, gtx 780ti sc, 16 gb ddr3 dominator ram, Asus sabertooth x79 mobo, creative recon 3d sound card. I use a hyper x headset that plugs into my sound card, but I have had the same issues with my logitech g930 and astro a50 headset as well.

If anyone could explain how to fix this or if I need to provide more information please do so and thank you for your help.

Solution
Try playing w/ the other things closed, then add one at a time, might be a particular app causing the problem or could a combo of all or some