A+ certification recommendations , people who know about a+ need your advice

thesniperharb

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
hi all , i need some recommendations about a+ , do people recommend me to get it ?

secondly: what do i need to memories for a+ certification ? do i need to memories the types of CPUs ? like pentuim 1 and 2 and 3 ....etc and what type of sockets are compatible ??

do i need to memories the types of rams and their compatibilities ??

now i have free videos about the A+ course that can get me for the certification , but these videos were for 2009 and now we are in the latest days of 2014 so what do i need to do to prepare for the most recent a+ courses in its two parts " 220-801 and 220-802"

if i am ready for the 2009 exam should i start from the begining for the newest certification which's 2011 ??

Solution
they revise the exam every few years. So if your study material is from 2009 you need to get new study material. The exam is pretty rough because is covers such a broad range of technology. Now the exam is split in two test 220-801 and 220-802. 220-801 is focused on hardware like PC, network and printer components. 220-802 is more software focused. Command prompt, boot recovery and even mobile devices. Both test have a heavy emphasis on trouble shooting procedures. Good luck.

Below is the book I used to prep for it. And while it helped a lot, had I not has so much experience in the field I prolly would have failed. The book below is the 5th edition, there is a newer 8th edition available...
they revise the exam every few years. So if your study material is from 2009 you need to get new study material. The exam is pretty rough because is covers such a broad range of technology. Now the exam is split in two test 220-801 and 220-802. 220-801 is focused on hardware like PC, network and printer components. 220-802 is more software focused. Command prompt, boot recovery and even mobile devices. Both test have a heavy emphasis on trouble shooting procedures. Good luck.

Below is the book I used to prep for it. And while it helped a lot, had I not has so much experience in the field I prolly would have failed. The book below is the 5th edition, there is a newer 8th edition available.

http://www.amazon.com/CompTIA-Certification-Passport-220-801-Certficiation/dp/0071795677/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1419840425&sr=8-2&keywords=a%2B+certification+mike+meyers

Solution