Diagnostic system for testing

craigjones

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
Hi all,

I want to build a system that I can test components on. I am thinking of using Linux for the OS so that I do not have to deal with drivers. I am not as fluent in Linux as Windows. I'm reaching out to see if anyone knows of diagnostic software for various hardware components that I could use for testing (hdd testing, graphics testing, memory testing, etc.). Even then, I'm not sure if there's some Linux distro designed specifically for what I'm wanting to do or not.

What do you all think? :)

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
um memtest should work on the linux system for the memory testing and fedora is more geared to do what you are saying. HDD testing is down through the partitioning tool i beleive i think GPart will have a few useful tools that you can use though not the entire tool set for that you will have to google which flavor of linux you deside on and what kind of HDD test you are looking for to do with it as it differs from flavor to flavor of linux. For GPU testing i have not run into any tool on fedora, CentOS, nor Ubuntu which monitors the GPU. There is probalby one just i have not found it.

In that there isnt a Linux Distro for what you want to do but the Red Hat distros are the closest some like fedora includeing the tools that you want by default while others you can download for free ussualy off of the software center included in fedora 21 Gnome 3 UI