Corsair H80i Over-preforming? HALP XD

jessesuave

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014
So I recently purchased a Corsair H80i and I was able to pull an idle temp of 6° or 7° which I thought was odd (even though this is a great cooler) so I ran it in War Thunder (a decently intensive Beta game, especially the tanks section of it) and I was able to get the reading in the screenshot below (Using Corsair link and Speedfan to monitor my temps). I don't understand this and quite frankly my mate is extremely butt hurt (because he likes to have better things XD). I was just wondering if I got lucky and got temps like this or is this regular?

gd4c2dj.jpg

Barney6262

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
The 6-7 idle temps sound like a broken Temperature probe on the CPU. Basic physics says a water cooling system cannot cool below the ambient temperature of the air it is using in the radiator. So unless your room is at something around -10 then I doubt those temperatures are accurate....

chicken7117

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
Same thing happens to my fx6300 running with a h60. It seems to be a widespread issue with false reported temperatures, especially on the lower end of the temperature spectrum.