2Gb ATI Radeon HD 5450 Graphics card not detected

Jeb12

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015
Hello,

I would like some help with an ongoing problem.

I have a

-Gigabyte AMD 78LMT-USB3 AM3 motherboard with FX 6300 6 core CPU. Power supply unit is a Storm 800W Silent 32A Dual Rail. The onboard graphics is an ATI Radeon 3000

-2Gb ATI Radeon™ HD 5450 Graphics card
-AOC 736 W monitor

-Header 1: 20 Pin Header Cable to USB 3.0 Type A Female PCI Bracket
-Header 2: USB 2.0 2 Port PCI Rear Panel Header Bracket Host Adapter
-USB 3.0 2.0 PCI-E PCIE 4 PORTS Express Expansion Card Adapter

The problem is that the external graphics card is not detected by the monitor if the VGA cable is connected from monitor > graphics card with error 'no signal'. When the VGA cable is connected to the original motherboard VGA > Monitor with the external graphics card in; only if the 'init first' option 'PCI or PEG' is selected in the BIOS does the monitor display Windows 7

I have tried connecting a 1Gb VTX3D HD 6450 graphics card into the PCI e with the same result. The PCI slot does not recognize the external graphics card regard.

I'm really not sure what to do. I have downloaded the AMD catalyst control centre with the drivers for the AMD Radeon 3000 and the other two external graphics card. Please help

Solution
It could be your power connector as well. It could be a faulty power supply or not getting enough energy. It could be that the gpu or graphics card went bad or is faulty. You could have a faulty monitor cable or the monitor may not work with the gpu brand. I had someone recently who had an issue saying thee was no cable or monitor connection and they switched the power connector at a Vacutech Inc. like the one here in Columbiana, Ohio or any place that can do that like Geek Squad or Best Buy. I do not recommend STAPLES for computer checks or tests since I had a laptop taken in there to check on it after it was factory restored and STAPLES made it run slower.

Burnoutaudi

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
There are many possibilities

1) may be the problem is with your PCI-express slot

2) Wrong installation
3) driver not Installed
4)may be your graphic card is dead because of static energy while you installed it.

Overall I would recommend you taking your CPU to an expert

PARDON MY ENGLISH

raziel_5

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013
It could be your power connector as well. It could be a faulty power supply or not getting enough energy. It could be that the gpu or graphics card went bad or is faulty. You could have a faulty monitor cable or the monitor may not work with the gpu brand. I had someone recently who had an issue saying thee was no cable or monitor connection and they switched the power connector at a Vacutech Inc. like the one here in Columbiana, Ohio or any place that can do that like Geek Squad or Best Buy. I do not recommend STAPLES for computer checks or tests since I had a laptop taken in there to check on it after it was factory restored and STAPLES made it run slower.

Solution